Well, in the jungle of face creams, makeup and-I-don't-know-what, there are a few basic things we all need to stay pretty:
1. Drink lots of red wine! Red wine is full of antioxidants, which protect your cells against free radicals, help prevent cancer and heart disease, and prevents aging. Some of these antioxidants purify your skin and helps maintain the natural glow it has.
2. Eat lots of chocolates! Preferably dark chocolates. In addition to substances like iron, zinc, potassium, magnesium, and B- and E-vitamines, cocoa also contains:
- Fluorine and phosphates: These substances prevents plaque from building up on your teeth and strengthens the enamel. The cocoa fat also protects the teeth from caries, by covering them with a thin film. The cocoa fat also belongs to the good fats.
- Antioxidants: Cocoa contains a rare antioxidant called "polyphenol", which has the power of slowing down the aging process! Just like red wine, cocoa is also good for your heart!
- Phenylethylamine: This is a substance that resembles amphetamine, and which the body produces by itself when we're in love!
- Theobromine: Gives a similar effect to caffeine.
- Serotonin and dopamine: Makes us feel good!
3. Get lots of sleep! Getting your "beauty sleep" isn't just an expression - it's science! Researches has been made that proves people who suffers from sleep depravation actually look less healthy and attractive...
4. Vampires might not really exist, but still they are right about one thing: Stay out of the sun!!! Because, yes, it might actually kill you! We're all aware of skin cancer I suppose...Of course a reasonable amount of sunlight is pretty healthy - if you use sun block. Skin-wise the rays of the sun makes you red, gives you wrinkles and dark spots, and eventually makes it's softness turn more leather-like. A spray tan might be more healthy, but might make you end up looking like a carrot - as shown by some celebrities. No names mentioned, but one of them is named after the capital of France...
So, here we have it:
1. Drink lots of red wine.
2. Eat lots of dark chocolates.
3. Get your beauty sleep.
4. Stay away from the sun.
Let's all try this for a few months and see how beautiful and healthy we get! You can thank me later...