Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Blackbird Burlesque Cabaret


Last Wednesday it was yet again time to glue on the fake lashes and head out to a burlesque event! This time to witness the premiere of Grandma's Tease'l Tassel at Astoria.


The show was presented by Blackbird Burlesque Cabaret. This quintet of lovely ladies is made up of Pepper Potemkin, Lola van Dyke, Contessa Blackbird, Miss Diamond, and the singer Grandma. Together - and as solo artists - they have performed all over the world, and this show at Astoria is their latest project.


I didn't have a date for the evening, but as soon as I arrived I met the beautiful Ruby Lu Scious, and Lily De Luxe! Ruby and I got married the day after, so maybe I should change the name of this blog to Mrs Lu Scious' Vintage Pearls now...Hm...


Lady Francescca and Jolie Étoile were also there to add to the burlesque glamour...


...as were the feathers in the flowers!

Photo: Elisabeth Jörgensen

The show was full of glitter, glamour, music, singing and tassel twirling - here executed by Contessa Blackbird! I've never seen anyone put nipple tassels on the butt before though. Genius!!!

Photo: Bernie Go Go

Photo: Bernie Go Go

Lola van Dyke!

Photo: Elisabeth Jörgensen

Pepper Potemkin and her feather fans!

Photo: Kkthxbye Treemountain

Lola van Dyke!

Photo: Elisabeth Jörgensen

Grandma Blackbird showing some leg in front of the show's eminent band Kurbas Kvintett!

Photo: Elisabeth Jörgensen

Lola van Dyke!

Photo: Elisabeth Jörgensen

The whole group in la grande finale! I loved the show! Pure entertainment! Instead of the usual so called "Stage Kitten" - the girl cleaning the stage from clothed between the acts - the Blackbirds had a "Glitter Boy"! I want a Glitter Boy too!!!! A cute boy who follows me everywhere, picking up pieces of clothing I might "accidentally" drop, and throwing glitter over me now and then...
















3 comments:

  1. Miss Meadows i dearly hope to see Your debut on the burlesque scene! Maybu with ballet shoes and tulle skirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The event seems like a lot of fun Miss Meadows, loving what I see of the dress in your first photo as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful, what an event!! Would have loved to come and yes, I need a glitter boy to pick up things I might throw down and toss glitter over me too, how fun would that be :)))) Yes, I need one straight away :)) You look spectacular as always too my flower!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash