Friday, April 05, 2013

Fabergé Friday

I have said before that I think a tiara is the ultimate piece of jewelry, so it's a bit sad so few of these ever came out of Fabergé's workshops. One of these few is called the Cyclamen Tiara though, and was created by workmaster Albert Holmström in 1903!

Source

The tiara has the form of delicate, graduated Cyclamen coum, tied with nots of ribbon, in gold and diamonds.

Source

It can easily be removed from it's gold frame, and then be worn as a necklace. It's known that the tiara was bought from Fabergé by the Hon. Mrs Wilson Fox. Now it has it's home in the family jewel collection of the Duke and Duchess of Westminster.




2 comments:

  1. Well...a fine piece of jewels that can be used for more than one thing...I love it even more :)) Just beautiful...I can go and swipe it & change it around to throw them off as I make my get-away!! Ha...it could happen...if Bond helps me that is ;) I love tiaras, any kind of head pieces work for me :)) Happy Friday peach <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these jewels a lot, that tiara looks amazing Miss Meadows, I think that you would seriously rock a Faberge tiara!

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash