Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Burleskloppis 5.0

Last Sunday the fifth Burlesque Flea Market (Burleskloppis) took place in Stockholm. Just as during the last burlesque flea market, I both worked and performed! After sleeping four whole hours after my sister's 30th birthday party, I jumped out of bed (ok that was a lie...I rolled out of bed...) at 5:30 am to get ready for it all. We had to be there early to organize the market space before the sellers arrived - and then all the visitors.


The mastermind behind the burlesque flea market is sex-guru and milliner Marika Smith!


Besides running around like a crazy hen organizing everything, Marika also sold some of her creations. Love the rat-in-the-hat hat to the right! 


Lady Francescca is a master when it comes to creating pasties! She came to sell some of her her amazing nipple-wear, and I feel those red ones would look very good on my boobies...


LOVE Stories - Jenny Drakenlind Photography had set up a studio where visitors could walk in and have their picture taken. I went there and tried on some props - like this moustache! Think it fits me quite well, and am now thinking of growing one for real...


Linda of O.L.D-Obviously Linda Design and Mrs. Murphy were also there to sell their creations. At 3 pm Mrs. Murphy changed into her burlesque alter ego - Miss Diamond - and gave the audience a boobylishious show! After her it was my turn to take the stage. Because of my IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) I usually get really shaky from coffee, so I had promised myself I wouldn't drink any before performing! Well...Managed to drink not one but two cups before going on stage...It felt like I had Parkinson's and people must have thought I was really nervous. Haha! I did my Arabian Nights number, which I end by pouring glitter over myself out of an Aladdin lamp. I wasn't allowed to use glitter on this particular stage though, but sequins were fine, so I used tiny golden stars instead. Afterwards I left a trail of those stars behind me. They should thank me for decorating the place...


Alla Tiders Handelsbod (The Shop of All Eras) had brought their café to the market - so I hold them responsible for giving me coffee...They also sell these amazing perfumes that have been made the same way - with the same design on the bottles - since the 1920s...


...and creditcard holders, hand- and pocket mirrors, pillboxes etc with prints of old photos on them. I have one of their pillboxes, with a naked lady on it, and I love it!


Fräulein Frauke (to the left) was there with her husband John Paul Bichard to promote their pinup studio Bichard Studios, where anyone can become a pinup for a day in front of John's camera. Calamity Amelie (to the right) sold some of her lingerie.


I didn't have that much time to walk around to see what everyone was selling, but I managed to buy a pretty hair flower made by Marika Smith herself, a pair of green earrings with golden bows by Bonnie Deluxe...


...and a white, transparent vintage dress from the 60s. I'm usually not so drawn to 60s clothes, but this one I like. It will be perfect for summer! A video - and possibly some pictures - of my performance will be posted another day!


















2 comments:

  1. Love Calamity Amelie's booth, I would have spent some money there, how gorgeous is the piece she has on too, love that :))) And your dress is stunning, I don't have many 60's dresses as I usually don't find one that suit me, but yours is gorgeous, love the colour :) Looks like a wonderful event...the mustache looks gorgeous on your too ;) <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the moustache photo Miss Meadows, looking great as per usual! This event seems like so much fun too, awesome it's been going on for five years already!

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash