Friday, May 03, 2013

Fabergé Friday

I can hardly believe it, but after five months of winter, spring has finally arrived in Sweden! Flowers are starting to show their faces here and there, so I though this Daisy Locket Pendant would suit my Fabergé post this Friday!


The locket, made some time between 1908 and 1917 by workmaster August Hollming, has the design of a daisy in white enamel on it's cover. The spaces between the petals are enameled strawberry-red.


In the center of the daisy sits an old mine diamond, and the bail is encrusted with rose-cut diamonds.


The back of the 1 1/16 inches (2.7 cm) wide locket is made of plain gold...


...and of course it can be opened - ready to hide the picture of a loved one...If you want it, it can be yours for 26,000 USD. Just follow this link!










2 comments:

  1. This is a really special piece Miss Meadows, it's just so beautiful despite its simplicity. It's a shame that at 26,000 dollars it puts me just a bit out of its price range haha, read that as a lot in all honesty, shame because like I say it is one heck of a piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so lovely doll!! Yay for spring, we are having rain here, so I hope this means the flowers were in dear need of lots of water after the harsh frozen winter on them. This is too beautiful, sure if I had this money away, I would definitely buy this...I'm sure it;s around here somewhere under all my clothes and things ;) Have a darling weekend doll!!! <3 xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash