Friday, April 11, 2014

Fabergé Friday

Here comes yet another one of Fabergé's famous egg pendants. This one was made by workmaster Mikhail Perkhin, sometime between the years 1896 and 1903!






As I love the night and the stars, I feel this one would fit perfectly on a chain around my neck! The little gold egg is covered in night-blue enamel over a guilloché ground. It is also decorated with rose-cut diamonds in a falling star pattern. It's dimensions are 0.6'' x 0.5'' (1.6 x 1.2 cm), and it was acquired by Queen Alexandra. It now has it's place in the Royal Collection.







1 comment:

  1. Marvellous, it's blue my favourite...I would love it around the neck as you suggested. It does look like the night and stars, so lovely!! Now...all we have to do is go and swipe this thing and we can wear it all we like ;D Have a gorgeous weekend doll <3 xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash