Friday, September 12, 2014

Fabergé Friday

We haven't done a Fabergé egg pendant for a while, so here comes another one. It was made by workmaster Henrik Wigström, sometime between the years 1903 and 1917!




This little egg - that actually looks like a real egg - is made of white quartzite. Around the egg sits a gold band set with rubies and rose-cut diamonds. The dimensions of the egg are 0.7'' x 0.6'' (1.9 x 1.5 cm), and it was probably acquired by Queen Alexandra. Since 1953 it has been part of the Royal Collection.










1 comment:

  1. So gorgeous!! I think if you were to go walking around with this one, people might actually think you had an egg with you, a very glitzy egg with the jewels around it, they might think it is your pet, hahaha and lock you away!! I love it!! Its gorgeous :)))) I look like a peacock!?! I will take that, haha! Marvellous. I hope you have a great weekend my lovely xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash